Well, this past week I have been out in Pennsylvania with Siri and her kids. She needed an extra hand with the kids going back from Utah, so I told her I would come out with her, and it has been a blast and crazy!
The first couple days, we just relaxed being home, went for a drive to Valley Forge and got some groceries to prepare for Hurricane Irene! We got to PA just two days before it would hit, so we had to get stocked on water and some food in case the power went out. I am terrified of natural disasters, but I was having so much fun standing out in the rain the night the hurricane was passing through. I love rain, and it was quite relaxing being out there. There was so much water, you would walk out for just a second and be completely drenched. Why waste water when you can take a shower in a hurricane? I never did, but you could have if you really wanted to. The next day on our way to church, everything was flooded. We were lucky and didn't have any power outage or flooding. It was pretty insane seeing everything covered in water! Addie then started her first day of school in kindergarten. We also went into Philladelphia to see the Rocky statue and climb the stairs that were in the movie. It was fun, but dang was it super hot and humid. Yesterday, we went to Ocean City in New Jersey and played on the beach and surprisingly enough, I got in the ocean! It took probably ten or so minutes for me to get in, but I really wanted to go body boarding. Just as I was feeling comfortable enough, but still uneasy, I hear Siri screaming and pointing behind me, so I start freaking out it is a shark and start swimming out of the ocean as fast as I could and when I got out, she was telling me there were dolphins behind me. They were jumping out, doing flips and cheering me on that I finally got in the water. It was so cool to see! It has been so great being out here again and hope to come back soon!




1 comments:
Looks like you are having a blast!!!!
Post a Comment