November 23, 2009

Gone, But Not Forgotten

On Friday, November 13, we experience the loss of a loved one.

For some of you that saw the news, or was in traffic, there was a fatal crash involving eight cars on I 15 just passed Draper. The man that caused all the accidents was said to be driving recklessly and erratically. Well just so that everyone is on the same page, Sheldon Taylor had a stroke that caused the first small accidents, then leading to a massive heart attack on impact.

My Uncle was a very good man that had a good head on his shoulders, loved the church, his family, friends and cared for everyone around him. He was the only brother out of three sisters, being the third in the family. During this tragedy, my mom was gone in Korean helping my brother with my new born niece, Sienna, while my sister in law Eunhi was back at the hospital with an infection. (They are doing a lot better now, and out of the hospital) Luckily my dad was able to be there with her since she could not be there at the funeral and help my brother.

I know that my Uncle is in a better place continuing the Lord's work. I love my Uncle and grateful I could have him in my life.

"Christ both lived and died for us. By walking in his steps and through his atonement we can gain the greatest gift of all--eternal life--which is that kind of life of the great Eternal One, our Father in heaven." - Ezra Taft Benson

I love you Uncle Sheldon. May God be with you and bless you.


2 comments:

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

Really sweet post Shelli. He is in a better place.

Robins Family said...

Wow! I just read this! Hope you are doing ok!